Members of the Tamaqua Volunteers community initiative group are collecting monetary donations for a family displaced from a terrible house fire January 10, 2014 at 92 Ben Titus Road in Rush Township. In addition to displacing 5 people, the fire claimed two pet dogs and most of their belongings. The home was occupied by Rose Mashak, Megan Devlin, Aaron Gimbel and two children. Mashak was injured in the fire and transported to an area hospital for treatment of burns to her feet. The family said that their homeowner’s insurance only covered a portion of their loss.
Members of the group, who stress that money is the most beneficial form of charity for anyone recovering from a house fire, stated five ways to help. They are:
1. Stop at any Wells Fargo Bank and make a donation to the “BEN TITUS FIRE” fund.
2. Make a donation by stopping at Thorn’s Cycles and ATV, 615 North Railroad Street, in Tamaqua.
3. Donate online via the group’s fundraiser page: http://www.gofundme.com/6908ic.
4. Donations can also be mailed. Call the displaced family at (570) 668-4141 or (570) 778-2212 for more information.
5. Call the Tamaqua Volunteers group at (570) 668-1234.
Related stories about fire:
Related TamaquaArea.com video link:
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcjL_iVEsJM) of the fire I took.
Here is a link to all TamaquaArea.com photos I took of the fire: